Coronavirus or COVID-19
Coronavirus disease or COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered Coronavirus. which is spreading all over the world too fast. Most of the developed and developing countries are already affected by a coronavirus and now taking precautions to stop the spread of coronavirus. The incidence and types of coronavirus are given below. The most common and less common symptoms of coronavirus and its precaution are described.
Most people are infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate
respiratory illness and may got recovered without any specific medication.
Older people and children and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illnesses.
What is COVID-19 or coronavirus ?
COVID -19 is a disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 that can trigger what we call a respiratory tract infection.
SARS-CoV-2 is one of the Severe types of coronavirus including the ones that cause severe diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and sudden acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
Coronavirus was there !!!
It just didn’t come into existence. They are a large family of viruses that had been on this planet for a long time before the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak. Coronavirus was thought to cause only mild respiratory infection in people.
Q. What are the different types of Human coronavirus?
Human Corona Virus Types:-
It is divided into four sub-groupings, called Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta. Seven of these can infect people.
The four common ones are:-
- 229E (Alpha)
- NL63 (Alpha)
- OC43 (Beta)
- HKU1 (Beta)
The three fewer commons are:-
- MERS-CoV [A beta virus which causes MERS]
- SARS-CoV [A beta virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)]
- SARS-CoV-2 [cause of COVID-19]
What are the symptoms of the coronavirus or Symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 Affects different people in different ways. Some may develop moderate or mild symptoms and recover without any hospitalization.
Most common coronavirus symptoms:-
- Dry cough
Less common coronavirus symptoms:-
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste and smell
- A rash on skin or discoloration of finger or toes
Serious coronavirus symptoms:-
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
What is the Incubation period of coronavirus?
On average it takes 5-6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.
There are no specific vaccines or medicines for COVID-19. Treatments are under investigation and will be tested through clinical trials.
Q. What are the precautions we need to adapt to stay away from Corona?
Precautions from coronavirus:-
- Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing, seek medical attention.
- Follow the direction of your local health authority.